Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tributes to ANNE FRANK…

 

anne-frank-diary-open   

Anne’s Diary

    PD*25850248

Anne Frank

 

 

Anne Frank Memoir Monday   

Anne and her family…                    

     Anne_Frank_M01

   Anne’s statue in her remembrance

 

I first heard about the Diary of Anne Frank in grade VI. I never took it seriously as at that time I just did was mug up for exams..But a few days ago, my eyesight got stuck on a book with blue cover which had “Anne Frank - The Young Girl’s Diary” written on it just below her image. I immediately recognized it and hid it from my friends.. Actually, that book was bought by one of my friends.. A moment after I touched the book, rain started.. Among the sounds of thunder I tried to open up the book but couldn’t. I couldn’t drag my eyes off her eyes. though she had a beautiful smile on her face, her eyes were filled with emotions. I drowned into my own feelings and imagination. I saw her lips were murmuring as if she was eager to say her story. I didn’t even turn a single page still I figured out all the situations she went through. I was so attracted towards her that I started writing a poem for her without revising or editing it..

Light flipped away

Dark is all that has remained

My hands are shaken and my heart beat has fasten

Sure, tonight might be a chance to see you again

Under the cover of moon light…

Nope, m not alone

Still fear to death scares me

There is no “peace” word left in my life

As silence of the night scares me the most

And inside the boundaries of death

As my soul suffocates

Oh lord! If u have written my days

I assure u I will follow as u said

But just make me a promise

In my next life, such fate won’t be recalled again…

The Anne Frank story is the saddest and most uplifting story I know. And I haven't read the diary yet. What really touches me is Anne's extreme privacy over her diary, her longing to be a writer, the death of her beloved ones in the concentration camp(gas chamber), and days later, with no hope in sight, her own demise merely weeks before liberation. And more so, to me, the events after her death: Otto Frank the sole family survivor is given the diary and finds he never guessed at the depth of emotion and insight his daughter carried.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment